Saturday, June 24, 2017

No automatic alt text available.


FLYING PIG WISHES
MENA’S WISDOM

I woke up this morning at about 3:00 with these words tramping through my mind, “Flying Pig Wishes”. It was very compelling. So, I tossed and turned thinking about what the message could be in that gifted thought from my dreams. Finally, I pried myself from the sacred sleeping place and cranked up the coffee pot. Still, Flying Pig Wishes haunted me. What could it mean? Let’s see……                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             There are prayers, wishes, dreams, hopes and now, Flying Pig Wishes. Here’s what I’ve sorted out so far.   Prayer is talking to and/or meditating with a higher power or God. My daily prayer usually begins with “Please help me do a kindness for at least one person today.” As we all know, the rule here is that the kindness must be deliberate and untold / touted. No telling anyone else. Wishes are illusive (to attain). “A wish is a dream your heart makes.” Little will happen unless you take the steps to make it so.Dreams, to me, are messages from day-dreaming or sleep-dreaming. If you are lucky enough to remember to write it down, you can have something to chew on all day long. That’s why I write.   Hopes are like wishes, in that little will happen unless you take the steps to make it so.                                                                                        
So, I’m thinking that Flying Pig Wishes are a combination of all the above. And 
again, nothing much will happen unless you make the effort to make them so. FPW’s 
are a bit far-fetched, but not impossible. Unlikely attainment comes to mind. Non-the-less, 
it IS what it IS.   It’s okay to be self-indulgent with these FPWs. So, I got to work thinking 
up 3 or 4 FPWs that I could work on. Health came to mind here; breathing, vision, sharpening 
mind, and scouring my spotted soul. Again far-fetched. Here are some things I came up with to 
help fulfill my FPWs. 
                                                 
1. Regarding my breathing, which is impaired by COPD and long-ago surgery to deal with lung 
cancer will be a challenge. We also moved from 50’ above sea level to about 7800’ above sea 
level. I think I’ll look up some Yoga classes. 

2. Vision impairment is age related, and some cataracts moved in, but there was a tumor 
complication that has since been dealt with. I’m going to consider Lasik. We’ll see how that 
goes.

3. Sharpening my mind means staying busy and interacting with others. Also, Yoga will be 
a big help. 

4. Walking daily and meditating will be a big help for all the above.

Back porch sitting is a big part of our new life here in Taos. It’s magical, and messages abound with every new experience. I still here the trees talking. 

I know that sounds crazy, but I am the only one I’ve ask (so far) that can hear this natural music that these trees make. It’s more soothing than unsettling. I think it’s part of the enchantment and charm that’s connected with this part of our country. 
I will continue with my prayers, wishes, dreams, hopes and FLYING PIG WISHES. And, hopefully, through these I will be able to continue doing at least one kindness a day for at least one other person every day. Long live FLYING PIG WISHES! Make it so.

No comments: