Saturday, June 30, 2012


IT’S ALL ABOUT CHOICES WE MAKE




I love Morgan Freeman.  He has a spot on our Science Channel (Through the Wormhole) which explains so much about humanity and discovery of science.  Today, he made me think about people I am related to, grew up with, interact with daily, and am challenged by every day.  It keeps me alive and sharp…well, I hope sharp enough to endure the next two decades I’m supposed to survive.  Morgan asks, “What does it really mean to be alive?”  My answer to that is, “WOW!”  Energy flows through everything!  Just how minute are we, and where do we REALLY live, come from, etc.?

Suffice to say that Morgan asks some really deeeeeep questions, and makes a person think and wonder about why we’re here.  I do not pretend to understand quantum physics; but, I can only get so far with what he says before my ADD takes over…..and I SO admire people who can really understand any kind of physics …universes that lie beyond the farthest reaches of dark holes.  “The answers live in the hidden hearts of black holes.”  “Our universe may likely exist on an ever-growing tree of life.” Are you with me Phil?
To start with, we can choose to question everything and everyone we encounter.  Here are a few things we truly CAN choose.

Choose to:

         1. Study hard to make good grades
       2.  Ask Questions and listen to others
       3.  FINISH school
       4.  Go to college
       5.  Learn to save and invest your earned money to match what you want in life,
       6. Participate in life
         7. Volunteer
         8. Be kind to EVERY one – EVERY day.
         9.  Like what you have and have what you like
      10.  Choose to be happy every day!  You are in charge of your own happiness.
      11. CHOOSE not to judge others, even if you HAVE walked in their shoes.
      12. Realize that we can choose, and so can everyone else.  Who IS everyone else?
        13. Play a musical instrument, even if it’s consists of two, pencils pounded on a desk top.  Oddly   enough, this is something I understand.
     
These are only a few thoughts that flew through my consciousness today that might make my life more organized, if not just a bit more simple.  Morgan has posed so many questions, that I can only believe that the universe has a brain, and thinks for us…every atom, every particle….

No comments: